Sunrise, First of June, 2008

While we don’t have that seriously dark brown band of, hmmm. . . . something . . . on the horizon, there is a band of thick haze. The sun gets above the horizon, lights the clouds above, but it is fully minutes before it can get through the low lying haze for a visible sunrise.

This is what I think is ACTUAL sunrise:

Here, minutes later, we can see the sun over the thick haze on the horizon:

At 5 in the morning, it is a mere 84°F / 29°C out on my balcony, very comfortable, just a tiny soft breeze, me and all the laborers the only ones up and about so early. Well, maybe Ansam, who gets an early start on her day. 😉

June 1, 2008 - Posted by | ExPat Life, Kuwait, Living Conditions, sunrise series, Weather

1. Yes hehehe I woke up early, but I stayed in bed for too long this morning just because I wanted to stretch out more! I reached work 10 mins late today :-S

Comment by Ansam | June 1, 2008 | Reply

2. Its a cloudy day out there…

Comment by Amu | June 1, 2008 | Reply

3. Hey, I beat you by almost an hour. I am up by 4 – each weekday morning, to water my rose garden and walk my Alsatian.

Comment by Walk like an Egyptian but whatever else you do; don't talk like one | June 1, 2008 | Reply

4. It’s not easy to start the work week, is it, Ansam?

Amu! I am happy to see you! You’ve been busy these days!

WalkLike – What a lovely picture you paint, watering your rose garden and walking your Alsatian. Sounds so inviting.

Comment by intlxpatr | June 1, 2008 | Reply

5. No its not 😦 I think I need a vacation, (one week+)

Comment by Ansam | June 1, 2008 | Reply

6. AdventureMan says the same thing, Ansam. 😉 I had to rescue you from spam again – wonder what is going on???

Comment by intlxpatr | June 1, 2008 | Reply