Doha Hosts Anti-Corruption Conference

June 16, 2008 - Posted by | Crime, Doha, ExPat Life, Living Conditions, Qatar

1. I dont like the logo!
    The black hand.. I think they mean stop corruption by it but have white people in it shaking hands! I dont know something is not right here

Comment by Ansam | June 16, 2008 | Reply

2. Its a good first step, but … its pretty easy to host a conference! What’s harder is the decision to define corruption as “giving your nephew a job” or “sending contracts to your son-in-law’s company”.

But if its a serious effort, then … I hope its the second thing (after a ceasefirt) that the Qataris bring to Lebanon 🙂 🙂 🙂

Comment by adiamondinsunlight | June 16, 2008 | Reply

3. ”The case of the black hand”
    Where are the Ghutras?
    Why do these blokes look like Europeans?
    Corrupt designer?
    Does this conference mean that everybody who considers himself corrupt is going to show up?
    Or only the non-corrupt?
    It’s being held in sombodies livingroom then I suppose…

Comment by Aafke | June 16, 2008 | Reply

4. I like the idea of the conference.

Comment by vixenfatale | June 17, 2008 | Reply

5. I don’t know, Ansam. I love looking for hidden meanings. I don’t see this as racist. I am guessing a Qatteri designed it – they have many excellent design specialists – and I am guessing that they chose the colors for drama, without going too deply. And it looks to me like the guy on the right is wearing a white thobe, but now maybe I am looking too deeply.

Little Diamond – so cynical! It’s a start, a recognition that corruption needs to be stopped. (What is a “ceasefirt?” Hahahahahahahaha

Hmmmm, well Aafke, sounds like you are agreeing with Ansam and maybe I just totally missed the boat on this one. Love the questions – only the corrupt show up?

I liked the idea, too, Vixen, until Ansam and Aafke shot me down!

Comment by intlxpatr | June 26, 2008 | Reply

6. I didnt see it as racist as well!!! I was just explaining it and not referring -not even remotely- to race!

Comment by Ansam | June 27, 2008 | Reply

7. Ho, ho,. didn’t want to shoot you down?!? I like the idea too. It’s just that I have little faith in just ”talks”.

Comment by Aafke | June 27, 2008 | Reply

8. Sorry, Ansam, Aafke, I was totally misreading your comments.

Comment by intlxpatr | June 28, 2008 | Reply