Blog Comment Scam

I’ve noticed a random few times recently that frequent commenters have double comments. When one showed up today with the same added line of a previous one, different commenter, something like “forgot to say – great post!” it made me look a little closer. Like someone who comments says they like your post, what’s to check, right? But when it shows up, exact same working, it’s time to check.

First time, Daggero, second time, exact same comment but “great post” added – only it’s some cell phone salesman, if you follow the blue hypertext on the name. Today it was 1001 Nights, but the copy-cat was selling acai berries.

If you get these duplicate comments showing up, no matter how flattering, check them out. It’s likely some scammer, trying to get you to their site to sell you something.

April 27, 2009 - Posted by | Blogging, Lies, Marketing | ,

1. They used MY NAME as part of this scam! I feel so violated!

Comment by 1001 Nights | April 27, 2009 | Reply

2. Thanks for the notice – I would have never thought twice about it(pardon the pun)! (The scuz buckets should be horse-whipped!)

Comment by BitJockey | April 27, 2009 | Reply

3. I’m sorry about that, 1001, but they were smart, weren’t they, they chose a trusted commenter, and then added a flattering but innocuous comment, made it LOOK like an afterthought. I would never have thought to check it, but your comment ended up in spam, and I thought “why?” So although mildly violated, you helped put light on a scam that otherwise would have gone undetected. 🙂

Scuz-buckets is RIGHT, BitJockey! Why aren’t you signed in?

Comment by intlxpatr | April 27, 2009 | Reply

4. Intlxpatr ;

i noticed that first time ,and thought huh where did this extra line came from and my name is in live blue ??? I followed the link and it was a site for selling mobile phone .

I thought it is another technological spam software like when you get those ping back with same subject automatically and i said well someone is trying to make a buck or a dinar , better through technology rather than a Nigerian lets split the loot scheme and “i thought to my self What a wonderful world”the song –

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning

Comment by daggero | April 28, 2009 | Reply

5. Gooooooooood Morning, Daggero!

LOL, I didn’t delete the second comment; I left it there for people to see since I was blogging about it, but I quickly deleted the link! So there! Take that, you SPAM-ster!!!!

If you ever see that again, would you e-mail me quickly? I like to get rid of those things as soon as I can to discourage them from doing it again.:-)

Comment by intlxpatr | April 28, 2009 | Reply

6. A great Roping Saddle will be functional as well as attractive. It should fit both the horse and the rider comfortably, and be strong enough to withstand the pressures of roping. While practicality is still the most important factor when choosing a roping saddle, fancy versions are becoming increasingly popular at ropings. Most saddle companies offer these fanciful options and some even offer limited editions.

Comment by english saddle parts | May 18, 2022 | Reply