Sectarianism

IRISH PROSTITUTE

An Irish daughter had not been home for over 5 years. Upon her return, her father cussed her. “Where have ye been all this time? Why did ye not write to us, not even a line? Why didn’t ye call? Can ye not understand what ye put yer old mum thru?

The girl, crying, replied, “Sniff, sniff….dad….I became a prostitute….”

“Ye what!!? Out of here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner! You’re a disgrace to this family.”

“OK, dad– as ye wish. I just came back to give mum this luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a savings certificate for $5 million.

For me little brother, this gold Rolex and for ye daddy, the sparkling new Mercedes limited edition convertible that’s parked outside plus a membership to the country club…. (takes a breath)….and an invitation for ye all to spend New Years Eve on board my new yacht in the Riviera, and….”

“Now what was it ye said ye had become?” says dad.

Girl, crying again,”Sniff, sniff….a prostitute dad! Sniff, sniff.”

“Oh! Be Jesus! Ye scared me half to death, girl! I thought ye said a Protestant’. Come here and give yer old man a hug!”

February 14, 2007 - Posted by | Cross Cultural, Family Issues, Joke, Relationships, Social Issues, Spiritual, Women's Issues

1. “Money Changes Everything” Cyndi Lauper πŸ™‚

Comment by Elijah | February 14, 2007 | Reply

2. Good Morning, Elijah! I hope you are winning your personal battle! Happy Valentine’s Day, dear one.

Comment by intlxpatr | February 14, 2007 | Reply

3. HILARIOUS! πŸ˜€

Comment by kinan | February 14, 2007 | Reply

4. Good morning! I’m hanging on cuz I’m having sheesha tonight πŸ˜›

Happy Valentines Day to you too πŸ˜›

Comment by Elijah | February 14, 2007 | Reply

5. Happy Valentine’s Day.

Comment by Hayfa | February 14, 2007 | Reply

6. Happy Valentine’s Day to you, HAYFA, and I hope you have a wonderful evening with your sweetie! πŸ˜‰

Comment by intlxpatr | February 14, 2007 | Reply

7. Lol, very funny and not offensive to the Irish catholics in the least πŸ˜‰

Comment by sensestuff | February 14, 2007 | Reply

8. Good morning, sensestuff – I’m guessing it was some Irish Catholic who made the joke up, having a part of the Irish in my own background!

Comment by intlxpatr | February 15, 2007 | Reply

9. Possibly an Irish Atheist? If there is such a thing πŸ˜‰

Comment by Alec Gullon | February 18, 2007 | Reply

10. Alec – what are you thinking???????

Actually, to me the joke is sad more than funny. We all try to be so good, and then we harbor senseless hatred for our neighbor in our hearts.

Comment by intlxpatr | February 19, 2007 | Reply