Mr. Ken’s Sunrise

Another expat with a view-to-die-for sent me some photos today I want to share with you. First, I want to share his description of what he went through to get the photos, LLOOOLLLL!

I had to open the window to take the pictures because they are, understandably, very dirty on the outside (12th floor apt). It was a little chilly so I had closed the window waiting for the sun to show. When it did, the lock and the window had jammed (from lack of use most likely) so I wasn’t able to take the last shot I wanted. Ironically, the lock on the window popped out about three hours later all on its own (probably solar heating).

Here is the first one – I just love the blue-ness of it!

mrken1

Here are the next two:
mrken2

mrken3

He’s loaned his good camera to a friend, so he took these with his cell phone. Great photos, Ken! By the way, every now and then your building management probably schedules a team to wash your windows. They will come in one of those gondola like things. It usually happens the day before the next sandstorm. 😦

January 18, 2009 - Posted by | Adventure, Arts & Handicrafts, Beauty, ExPat Life, Photos, sunrise series

1. Waw! They almost look like Turners!
    Amazing you can make such beautiful photo’s with a cellphone!

Comment by Aafke | January 18, 2009 | Reply

2. I would have said Turner, too, Aafke. 🙂 Just imagine what he can do with his good camera!

Comment by intlxpatr | January 18, 2009 | Reply

3. never under-estimate a good cellphone camera 😉
    Did you consider spraying some WD-40 on the jammed lock ? 😛

Comment by amicoskuwait | January 18, 2009 | Reply

4. Amazing view/photographs – especially from a so-called camera 🙂

Comment by Bu Yousef | January 19, 2009 | Reply

5. Thanks to all for the kind comments – I am humbled.

K

Comment by Ken | January 19, 2009 | Reply

6. They look like paintings

Comment by jewaira | January 19, 2009 | Reply

7. p.s. – Other than selective framing through the viewfinder all I did was push the button.

Truly, they say more to the wonder of nature and the glory of God than to my novice skills.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

K

Comment by Ken | January 21, 2009 | Reply

8. Ken – Get your good camera back! If you can do this with a cell-phone-camera, we want to see what you can do with a real camera. 2. Start a blog! Call it Expat Eye and show us what you see. When you are fresh in Kuwait, you see things that you stop seeing after you have been here a while. or iExpat! LLLOOOLLL!

Comment by intlxpatr | January 21, 2009 | Reply