Against the Law?

From today’s Arab Times of course, because the Kuwait Times can’t find a way to get themselves back on line (!)

Woman in fireman’s outfit: Police are looking for an unidentified young woman who was reportedly seen dressed in a fireman’s outfit and driving a vehicle similar to the one used by firemen, reports Al-Watan daily. An unidentified person informed the police when he saw the woman parking her vehicle outside the Al-Sabah Maternity Hospital and walking inside the hospital. Police waited for the woman to return to the car but she did not show up. It has been reported this is not the first time the woman was seen riding the vehicle and wearing a fireman’s uniform.

I suppose it might be suspicious to be wearing fireman clothes and driving a vehicle that might appear to be an official fire vehicle . . . but a crime? I’m sorry, I can’t help it, I love stories like this and wish I knew the rest of the story!

August 3, 2007 - Posted by | Community, Crime, Cross Cultural, Detective/Mystery, Kuwait, News, Random Musings

1. i pitty da foool !

Comment by 'GreY' | August 3, 2007 | Reply

2. haha! Keep us posted if you find out anything more on this one!

Perhaps it’s a crime cos it’s seen as a little kinky?

Isn’t it a crime to impersonate the emergency services? I’d better keep quiet about my secret handcuffs then…

Comment by mischief | August 3, 2007 | Reply

3. Oooh What an endearing story..maybe she always wanted to be in the fire brigade!

Comment by jewaira | August 3, 2007 | Reply

4. Grey – Welcome! I don’t know about the fool part . . . I am betting there is an explanation. there was a whole year that my son, as a small child, wore a fireman’s hat. Sometimes you just do what you gotta do.

Mischief – I can’t imagine HAVING handcuffs would be illegal, but using the handcuffs to restrain someone who doesn’t want to be restrained . . . that might be illegal.

Jewaira – yeh, I tend to agree. I thought it was kind of sweet, and I am wondering if there is even a law by which she could be prosecuted, as long as she doesn’t represent herself as being part of the department. Or . . . maybe she is!

Comment by intlxpatr | August 3, 2007 | Reply

5. I bet she has a good story to tell as to why she wears a fire fighter’s suit. Now, i myself, would wear a police officer uniform if i had a choice 😀

Comment by Magical Droplets | August 4, 2007 | Reply

6. *Whooping with laughter, because your comment was SO unexpected* Magical! You? No! Magical, you would be a police officer? Wow! So tell us what appeals to you about being a police officer (and I understand those jobs will be open to Kuwaiti women, soon.)

Comment by intlxpatr | August 4, 2007 | Reply